There are many ways shippers and 3PLs can utilize multi-mode shipping for truckload (TL), less-than truckload (LTL), parcel, and final mile to increase efficiencies and cost savings. Much like many previous shipping advancements, those added efficiencies and savings wouldn’t be possible without implementing automated technology solutions with multi-mode capabilities.
Save Time and Money with Multi-Mode Capabilities
Having the ability to choose a shipping mode gives 3PLs and shippers more options for moving their freight. With the uncertainty of the current shipping environment and continued capacity issues, a technology partner who can offer booking capabilities for shipping in multi-modes is invaluable.
In addition to more options for carriers, multi-mode shipping capabilities also offer significant cost savings, better freight rating, and can increase the timeliness of deliveries. Shippers and 3PLs gain the following Top 5 benefits of using a multi-mode platform, while promoting savings and guaranteeing real results.
- Centralizing Processes and Shipping Data: Access to centralized data for all modes of shipping through one, automated technology solution is an integral part of making better business decisions. It eliminates the hassle of tracking pickup and delivery, various bills of lading, and invoices to the respective carrier. A solution connected to a number of different carrier systems will optimize the entire process and give shippers and 3PLs the end-to-end visibility they are seeking.
- Improving Freight Spend: The use of a technology solution capable of shipping in all modes can significantly reduce overall shipping costs. Since the technology is used for shipping freight in all modes, shippers and 3PLs have access to data to review which mode is best for similar shipments in the future. Reducing the number of systems amounts to faster, easier processing of orders, shipments, and scheduling.
- Determining Best Mode for Shipments: Having the ability to consider all modes for all shipments is essential to compare and choose the methods that will work best for each of your shipments. What works for one may not work for another. Even more valuable is being able to determine that in one screen, saving you both time and money. Knowing how to maximize is a critical aspect of multi-mode shipping. You can consider consolidating your freight to move between modes properly utilizing a technology solution.
- Shipping Analytics and Reporting: A key benefit of using a technology platform with multi-mode shipping capabilities is the increased analytics and advanced reporting functions that will help you measure performance and share information within the supply chain. It gives you a better understanding of your current freight operations, including when the use certain modes shipping is appropriate.
- Moving Freight Faster: Once you have access to more modes through your technology provider, it increases the number of available carrier connections within the supply chain. These connections may include finding available capacity within a tight market, utilizing a different mode than usual to move your freight more efficiently, consolidating freight when appropriate, and evaluating performance in all modes through data capture and analytics.
Did You Know?
Banyan Technology is more than just a less-than-truckload freight pricing provider. We also have innovative solutions that can connect you to the largest list of carriers in truckload, final mile, and parcel, as well. Find out more about Banyan’s new product release, Multi-Mode On-Screen, that will give you the ability to book loads in all modes in one system and all on one screen!
Contact Banyan Technology today to learn more about how Banyan’s dynamic LIVE Connect™ platform can help you manage multi-mode shipping.