The unpredictability and uncertainty of the past few years has forced many industries to reassess their business strategies quickly to adapt to the changing world. Many supply chain businesses have had to accelerate their adoption of technology, fast-forwarding their long-term plans to either implement or update their digital approach.
Reflect, Reset and Reassess: Analyzing Your Digital Shipping Strategy
Being forced to evolve and adapt a new business strategy can actually benefit an organization typically slow to adopt new technology in that it forces one to make a decision that likely could have otherwise stalled profitable growth. However, some may have acted so quickly to find solutions to immediate problems that they have too many disparate systems and are not utilizing their technology to the fullest.
With the New Year in full swing, and the first quarter quickly approaching the second quarter, now is the best time to re-evaluate your digital strategy to ensure you’re getting the biggest bang for your buck. Follow the 5 “Rs” to assess your shipping technology needs:
- Reflect: Assess your current business needs and what you’ve learned is necessary for adapting to rapid change. Analyze what digital systems you have and how well they’re working for your business. Identify any digital solutions that are redundant or don’t fit within your evolving business strategy.
- Research: Learn what’s available in the market. You might find that while you were adopting technology rapidly these past few years, many digital providers were upgrading their solutions to adapt to the changing supply chain. Find a technology solution that can streamline your digital approach, especially one that has multiple functions and could potentially save you time and money.
- Reset: Once you’ve assessed and identified the technology you need, fully embrace the platform and its features and functionality. Ensure you’re getting the most out of your digital solutions through training with your provider and ongoing support. Find a digital provider that’s flexible and can help you grow in any shipping environment.
- React: Before choosing to embrace a new digital solution, learn how their service team operates. You want your technology provider to be attentive to your ongoing needs and offer support on your timeframe. The best option is a provider that offers 1:1 support through a dedicated account manager and team available to answer your questions. One that conducts regular business reviews will likely be able to respond to your business’ changing needs more appropriately.
- Reassess: Once you have your digital solution in place, a regular review of the system is necessary to ensure you are embracing it fully and it still serves your business needs. Regular business reviews with your technology provider can help you understand the functionality of the system and identify any new features that can benefit your business.
The Banyan Advantage
Banyan Technology’s over-the-road (OTR) shipping software delivers real-time intel, actionable insights, and instant access to information to help drive greater operational efficiencies and cost savings for Shippers, 3PLs, and supply chain partners. Our LIVE Connect™ platform provides innovative solutions from a single screen for Truckload (TL), Less-Than-Truckload (LTL), Local Carrier, and Parcel shipping.
Our extensive network of carriers and the data aggregated daily means clients are better positioned with more intel and visibility into available rates and schedules, which has allowed them to consistently experience more than 12% savings on LTL shipping and 5% savings on Truckload.
Banyan’s proven success comes with a commitment to excellent customer service and unparalleled support. We have dedicated Account Managers who know their clients’ businesses, understand their needs and can explain how the system can address them could make the difference in a profitable bottom line.
We are also consistently innovating and collaborating with clients to get the feedback we need to cater to all of their OTR shipping needs, including our Multi-Mode On-Screen functionality that gives clients access to more carrier options than any other provider. Recently enhanced Truckload services now provide access to the public Spot Market, direct carrier APIs and automated management of contracted rates for Truckload shipping, in addition to Banyan’s long-standing historical expertise for LTL shipping capabilities.
Contact Banyan Technology today to learn why our LIVE Connect platform is the only system you need for your over-the-road shipping.